In this two-day course, you will learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise.
Date: Monday, December 11 – Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Time: 9:00 – 17:00
The course is taught in English
Price: 10,900 DKK/Early Bird 9,900 DKK
Please note that the vat will be added to the price above.
Last date for Early Bird: October 24, 2017
Sankt Gertruds Stræde 5, 3th floor
1129 København K
Please contact us:
If you want to sign up 3 or more persons at the same time, or if you want to be charged by invoice firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. Finally, you will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise.
By the end of this course, you should be able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
- SAFe 4.5 PM/PO Introduction
- Embracing the Lean-Agile mindset
- Exploring Product Manger and Product Owner roles
- Contributing to Portfolio content
- Defining and managing solution value
- Being an effective SAFe Product Manager
- Being an effective SAFe Product Owner
- Engaging stakeholders
- Building your Communities of Practice
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
BY THE END OF THIS COURSE ATTENDEES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the PMPO certification exam:
- Leading SAFe 4.5
- Leading SAFe Live Lessons 4.5
- SAFe experience
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner (PMPO).
Agile coach and practitioner, SAFe consultant, Partner in BestBrains.
Jesper Thaning has been helping organizations adopting lean and agile methods for the last 14 years.
The experience covers the whole journey from idea to running code through conceptualization, prioritization, refinement, development, test, continuous integration and deployment. Jesper has trained and coached a large number of teams and organizations on how to apply agile principles to their specific situation. He has recent years focused a lot on the collaboration between business and IT-development - helping organizations to benefit from lean and agile methods through effective product ownership.Bent Jensen is a pioneer in applying agile methods in Denmark and has been leading agile teams since 2000. For the last 10 years Bent has been coaching and mentoring leaders and organizations to achieve the benefits of lean and agile thinking and methods, with clients in Denmark and internationally. He have assisted a large number and companies with transformation programmes, and supported Enterprises in their transformation to an Agile and Lean approach. Bent has always been focused on the intersect between self-organization and management, between efficient development and innovation and how to push the methods to their limits.e.
"I truly enjoyed the emphasis on alignment, and I gained knowledge on which items I can pursue. Personally I enjoyed the LEGO-simulations. It was a super cool way to learn and to make us think the process of a Program Increment through. It gave me some ideas on how to pass on the knowledge."
Nanna Nielsen, One.com
"I got a better grasp of how the various subjects of SAFe fit together between the various levels (Epics, Capabilities, Features). I liked the focus on not just being a walk-through of the material on the website, but the focus on the lean-agile principles through excellent examples and material. Jesper was great at answering questions and engaging with us. I would highly recommend it to my friends and colleagues."
Henrik Nielsen, Illuminet
Date and time:
Monday, December 11 - 9:00-17:00 and Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 9:00 - 16:30.
Both days we will be serving a light breakfast from 8:30 AM.
The course will be taught in English.
10,900 DKK. (Early Bird Special: 9,900 DKK until October 24, 2017).
The price includes both days, SAFe PMPO-Certification, course materials, breakfast, lunch, fruit and coffee, tea etc.
The exact location will be announced soon but will be held in Aarhus
Have questions about SAFe® Product Manager/Product Owner
– 4.5 with PMPO Certification
Please feel free to contact us if you need help or assistance with accommodation.
If you're interested in this class, you may also like: