This 4-day course will prepare you to lead an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Friday, August 31, 2018
The address will be announced at a later date
Choose the class 'August 28-31, 2018, 2018 / Implementing SAFe / Stockholm' in the drop-down menu.
The course is taught in English
Price: 21.500 DKK / Early bird 19.800 DKK (ex. VAT). Please note that the vat will be added to the price above.
Early bird is available until 1 month before the first day of the chosen class.
Please contact us:
If you want to sign up 3 or more persons at the same time, or if you want to be charged by invoice: email@example.com.
Leading SAFe 4.5
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- EmbracingA Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
Implementing SAFe 4.5
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Facilitating ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Understanding the SPC Exam
- Applying your SPC Certification
- Participating in Open Space
You will learn how to effectively apply the principles and practices of SAFe, including training and coaching teams, launching Agile Release Trains, and building and managing an Agile portfolio.
The first two days of the course— Leading SAFe—will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to others, and if certified you’ll be eligible to teach the Leading SAFe course. The next two days focus exclusively on implementing SAFe.
Certification is optional to attendees. Those who achieve SPC certification are authorized to license SAFe training materials.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes enterprise leaders, practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
THE COURSE PREPARES INTERNAL CHANGE AGENTS AND EXTERNAL CONSULTANTS TO:
- Lead an enterprise agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe)
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Train teams in SAFe ScrumXP for Teams and act as a SAFe Practitioner (SP) certifying agent
BY THE END OF THIS COURSE ATTENDEES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
- Find the value streams around which to organize the enterprise’s Agile Release Trains
- Prepare the organization and the teams to launch the trains
- Run a Program Increment Planning Meeting
- Interact at key program touch-points to “help keep the train on the tracks”
- Run Inspect and Adapt workshops for continuous program improvement
- Introduce the organization to the principles of program portfolio management and agile architecture
- Grow the leadership skills necessary to support the transformation
FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATION
Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) exam. Those who attain their SPC certification will receive:
- Access to license the course materials needed to train aspiring SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- Access to no-cost license materials, videos, and artifacts that support launching Agile Release Trains
- Inclusion in the SPC directory listing (optional)
- Access to the private SPC LinkedIn Group
Renewals are good for one full year from the date of certification and will require:
- 160 hours of SPC consulting
- Renewal fee: $895
- 40 continuing education/outreach hours
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- An SPC4 certificate
- Access to license the course materials needed to train SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- One-year certified membership as an SPC4
- SPC4 branding kit with the SPC certification mark
SAFe® Program Consultant Trainer and original creator of the SAFe RTE course.
Carl Starendal is a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer and a contributor to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). He is an experienced Lean-Agile leader, having served as a Lean-Agile coach at one of the world’s largest retailers and also been a key part of several multinational Lean-Agile transformations across a diverse range of industries spanning both software, hardware products as well as services. He frequently speaks about leadership and Lean-Agile transformations, and is a highly regarded trainer and facilitator having trained 1000+ leaders and managers over the years. Carl is also the original creator of the SAFe RTE certification course.
The class was by far the most productive training I have ever been to. Literally, everything was directly related to my work and I have so much to bring back to the teams and organization. Fantastic topic, co-students and facilitation. Thank you Carl for a brilliant mix of teaching and coaching.
Torben Åstradsson, Nordea