In this advanced three-day workshop at BestBrains Academy, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in context of an enterprise using SAFe. Through experiential learning, you will learn how to facilitate end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Monday, November 26, 2018
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
The address will be announced at a later date
Choose the class 'November 26-28, 2018 / RTE / Stockholm' in the drop-down menu
The course is taught in English
Price: 20.000 DKK / Early bird 18500 DKK
Early bird is available until 1 month before the first day of the chosen class.
Please contact us:
If you want to sign up 3 or more persons at the same time, or if you want to be charged by invoice:
Attendees will explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching by becoming a SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE). During this three-day workshop, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an effective RTE in an enterprise using SAFe to deliver value.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in delivering end-to-end value at enterprise scale. They will learn how to facilitate the ART planning and execution and process as well as coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters to be an effective member of an ART. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute the critical Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment and value delivery throughout all levels of an organization using SAFe.
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
BY THE END OF THE COURSE ATTENDEES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
THE FOLLOWING PREREQUISITES ARE REQUIRED FOR THOSE WHO INTEND TO TAKE THE SAFE® RELEASE TRAIN ENGINEER (RTE) CERTIFICATION EXAM:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATIONS
SAFe® Release Train Engineer Certificate
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate
- A SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- A SAFe Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- SPCs who are certified RTEs can apply and qualify to teach the RTE class and certify RTEs
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $295
- Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
SAFe® Program Consultant Trainer and original creator of the SAFe RTE course.
Carl Starendal is a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer and a contributor to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). He is an experienced Lean-Agile leader, having served as a Lean-Agile coach at one of the world’s largest retailers and also been a key part of several multinational Lean-Agile transformations across a diverse range of industries spanning both software, hardware products as well as services. He frequently speaks about leadership and Lean-Agile transformations, and is a highly regarded trainer and facilitator having trained 1000+ leaders and managers over the years. Carl is also the original creator of the SAFe RTE certification course.